Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What Hillary Should Say

The debate, the "last" debate, will start in a little more than an hour from this posting. Hillary, if you are reading, here is what you should say:

"I want to continue my last thoughts from the waning moments of the Texas debate. I am proud of Barack Obama and if he should win I will enthusiastically support him and help bring a Democratic victory in the fall. That said, I have the right and the opportunity to continue to fight for my candidacy. I am the last alternative to my friend from Illinois. I have been saying all along that we need a more experienced hand when the next president takes the oath of office in January 2009.

"I want to be upfront and honest with everyone watching and listening tonight. I have given my life to the betterment of others. I have always worked to bring dignity and value to all Americans, regardless of wealth, race, and religion. I have seen how the power of this office weighs upon the person who must make the ultimate decisions. I have served my state of New York in the midst of the worst attack upon its soil. It is wonderful to be enthusiastic and hopeful as Barack has mentioned in his stirring speeches. But I am here tonight to remind everyone that hope must be mixed with a solid wisdom that can only be gained from years of hard work.

"In my haste to garner your support I have been pulled in different ways over the past weeks. It seems that I am being warm to my opponent and then the next day blasting some of his ideas or campaign tactics. I know the pundits have written me off and I also know that both of us are lucky to get thirty seconds of air time on the nightly news. Forget about all the slogans and trivial stuff. I want you to think hard before you pull the lever for one of us next Tuesday. A vote for Barack is indeed a vote for a hopeful future. But a vote for me is a vote for a more certain future. One ripe with possibilities grounded in the nuance of reality..."

Hillary: your only chance tonight is to open up your soul and sell us once and for all on why you are running for president. Stop tearing down Obama and build yourself up. Drop the "Xerox" crap and speak truth. If you listen to your consultants tonight, you will be giving a concession speech in one week's time.

No comments: